At a Ouidram whisky tasting, four to six whiskies are typically sampled over a two- to four-hour period, usually accompanied by light appetizers. The tasting may focus on the whiskies of a certain region or of a certain age (horizontal tastings), or on selections from a specific distillery (vertical tasting). Truly there are no rules – only experiences!
Under the expert guidance of our knowledgeable whisky host, you will discover the beauty, mystery and humour behind many of Scotland’s age-old traditions while learning about:
- the art of whisky production – from malt to cask to bottle to glass
- the effect of the local landscapes on taste
- the influence of the cask
- the differences between “whisky”, “whiskey” and “Scotch”, single malts and
- the best glasses for tasting
- the subtle nuances and underlying aromatics of a variety of selected single malts
- complementary food pairings
The skirl of Scottish bagpipes, the haunting strains of Celtic melodies, or eclectic jazz harmonies may accompany you along your tasting journey. You may witness a traditional “address to the Haggis” ceremony or be transported to another place and time by a contemporary slide show of legendary Scottish landmarks. There is no end to the surprises in store for you at a Ouidram whisky tasting!
Copyright ©2007 Ouidram. All rights reserved.